MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) – Technical Specifications
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio and 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
128GB PCIe-based flash storage
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Configurable to 512GB flash storage.
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 4GB or 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory (8GB maximum)
Battery and Power2
- Up to 12 hours wireless web
- Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 54‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)3
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors.
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices. Learn more
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things. Learn more
- Reduce Motion
- Closed Captions
- Siri and Dictation
- Text to Speech
- Increase Contrast
- Switch Control
- App Store
Limited Warranty and Service
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple Support or call 800-823-2775.
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- Power adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
Configure to Order
Configure your MacBook Air to order with these options, only at apple.com:
- 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
- 512GB of PCIe-based flash storage
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||1.25 (K v = 0.25)||3.5|
|Wireless web||1.25 (K v = 0.25)||4.0|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.05 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 0.5 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v.
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB memory, 256GB storage, Intel HD Graphics 6000.
AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Express
- AirPort Extreme
- AirPort Time Capsule
- Logic Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual‑Link DVI Adapter
- MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in February 2015 using preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. macOS Sierra required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.